Growing old is a rite of passage for people who stay around that long. For elderly ladies, aging often comes with medical issues like foot and joint problems, forcing them to wear sandals that offer more comfort during their daily activities. The problem is that sandals are not always a hot fashion item, with limited appealing options for female seniors who love to merge style with comfort and practicality.
The best sandals for elderly ladies come in attractive styles and shapes, making them suitable for everything from a leisurely neighborhood walk to a formal dinner. They range from beach flip-flops to elegant strap-on sandals made from high-quality materials and comfortable enough to be worn all day.
We have created a list of the nine best sandals for the elderly ladies out there, and if you have a dear relative in this category, let us have an interesting conversation. Our diverse collection of the best sandals for elderly ladies covers the most affordable, stylish, and lightweight products from both famous and obscure brands.
Important tips on choosing the best sandals for elderly ladies
Your health and changes in fashion trends over time can influence the type or style of sandal best suited for you. Whether you have worn sandals for a lifetime or just transitioning, are some crucial tips on choosing the best sandals for elderly ladies.
- Lightweight – a lightweight pair of sandals can do wonders for an elderly lady with arthritic joints. At this stage in your life, it is essential to note that sandals are worn more for comfort than for making a fashion statement. Look out for rubber or synthetic outsoles, which create a cloud effect when worn, relieving stress on your joints and foot.
- Comfort – women’s feet undergo significant changes as they get older, and the tissues lose their elasticity and the heel arches creating discomfort when walking. The best sandals for elderly ladies are designed to provide support and comfort for the heel arches, relieving the pain and soreness from swollen ankles and allowing you to have an energetic and fun-filled day.
- Width – elderly ladies develop wider feet as they grow older due to swelling. It is a factor that you should consider when choosing sandals for elderly ladies.
- Material – choosing sandals made from expandable materials is vital for the comfort and safety of elderly ladies. As stated above, elderly ladies’ feet are prone to swelling, and choosing a sandal with expandable material offers added protection and comfort.
- Convenient buckles or straps – fiddling with burdensome buckles is the last thing you want to be bothered with at a certain age. For convenience, the best sandals for elderly women should have easy-to-use claps, preferably velcro straps. Also, they should be adjustable for extra comfort.
The Nine Best Sandals for Elderly Ladies in 2022
Now let’s dive in, and look at some of the best sandals available for elderly ladies.
1. Olukai Ohana Women’s Quick-Dry Flip-Flop Slides
- Brand – OLUKAI
- Material – Synthetic upper, rubber outsole
Being elderly does not mean you should swear off flip-flop sandals. You can still indulge in lighthearted flip-flopping fun excursions with the Olukai Ohana Women’s Quick-Dry Flip-Flop Slides. They are the ultimate beach sandals for female seniors who love taking long relaxing walks with close family and friends. Produced from high-quality water-resistant materials, the Quick-Dry Flip-Flop Slides combines everyday style with an anatomical fit design that offers extended comfort. Unique features of the Olukai Ohana Women’s Quick-Dry Flip-Flop Slides include water-resistant synthetic straps fitted with ultra-soft, quick-drying jersey knit lining and a compression-molded EVA midsole with smooth drop-in ICEVA footbed for enduring comfort. Wearers get to experience phenomenal traction due to the razor-edged non-marking rubber outsole. A full-year warranty against all manufacturer defects offers peace of mind and countless days of sunny walks.
- 100% synthetic material.
- Slip-on closure.
- Non-marking rubber sole with razor-edge offering excellent traction.
- Composite lens.
- Composite frame.
2. Vionic Women’s Amber Sandals
- Brand – Vionic
- Material – Natural cork upper, rubber outsole
- Weight – 8 oz
- Heel Height – 1 inch
Fully synthetic and highly durable, the Vionic Women’s Amber sandal is that rare thing. Comfortable and non-chafing footwear for elderly ladies made entirely from synthetic materials. Most times, manufacturers of synthetic sandals have to compromise between comfort and durability, but it wasn’t the lightweight marvel under review. It features a natural oak upper providing significant coverage and a synthetic rubber sole designed to maximize comfort with each step. And yes, the American Podiatric Medical Association endorsed the Vionic Women’s Amber sandal. We need not add more except that it is one of the best sandals for elderly women. It is available in four points adjustable straps for easy adjustment for snug fitting during short or long walks.
- It is made from highly durable synthetic materials.
- Comfortable rubber outsoles provide plenty of grip.
- Microfiber encased EVA footbed.
- American Podiatric Medical Association APMA approved design.
- VIO MOTION SUPPORT offers you three-zone arch support.
3. SANDALUP Women’s Elastic Flat Sandals
- Brand – SANDALUP
- Material – Synthetic upper, textile rubber sole
- Weight – 9.17
- Heel Height – 0.4 inch
Lightweight and durable, the SANDALUP Women’s Elastic Flat sandal is a durable and affordable footwear offering style and comfort for women seniors. We rank this sandal among the best sandals for elderly ladies because of its simple and functional design. Its crisscrossed patterned upper construction made from supple elastic upper replaces a metal buckle or velcro strap by grabbing your foot in a tight fit. A lightly padded insole on a textile rubber sole keeps the weight down ensuring an ultra-light sandal design for the elderly.
- All-fabric construction allows for quick and easy cleaning.
- Easy to wear design with tight fitting elastic straps replacing conventional velcro strap or metal buckle.
- The V-shape elastic straps add a touch of style and enhance your foot’s length.
- Super lightweight and minimalist design.
4. Clarks Women’s Leisa Lakelyn Flat Sandals
- Brand – Clarks
- Material – Leather upper, synthetic sole
- Weight – 4.96 oz
- Heel Height – 1.33 inch
Clarks footwear company’s dedication to high-quality craftsmanship and innovative shoe making methods is why Leisa Lekelin Women’s Flat Sandals phenomenal appeal among elderly ladies. The sandal’s leather upper distinctive cutouts and stitching details combined with the meticulous finish of other contemporary materials add a touch of class to every casual or formal occasion. What I love most about its design is the super comfy ortholite footbed which provides superb support for sagging wheel arches. It has an easy-to-reach hook and loop closure, including stretch gore providing a snug fit. Clarks Women’s Leisha Lakelyn sandals compliment a large variety of women’s clothing, including jeans, pants, pleated skirts, or casual or evening gowns. Its premium price guarantees exclusivity and long-term value, ensuring its position as one of the best sandals for elderly ladies.
- Breathable and elaborately designed leather upper.
- Clarks Cushion Soft padding.
- Ortholite footbed.
- Hook and loop adjustable closure.
5. Naturalizer Women’s Scout Flat Sandals
- Brand – Naturalizer
- Material – Leather upper, polyurethane sole
- Weight – 0.9 oz per sandal
- Heel Height – 0.75 Inch
Naturalizer’s Women’s Scout Flat Sandals is lightweight and stylish footwear for elderly ladies. This low-heel sandal is produced from high-quality foot-hugging leather with a lightweight polyurethane sole that feels like a natural extension of your feet. Naturalizer Women’s Scout sandals are designed for everyday use, and they are easy to slip on or remove thanks to adjustable hook and loop velcro straps. One of the best features of this sandal is the cushioned insole with smooth lining, which provides incredible arch support. The non-slip synthetic sole offers excellent stability while walking, and it does a good job absorbing the impact from stones and rough pathways. With a wide range of colors to choose from at an affordable price, the Naturalizer Women’s Scout Flat sandals combine ultimate comfort and style, making them one of the best sandals for elderly ladies.
- Leather upper with whipstitch details.
- Polyurethane nonslip sole for extra stability.
- Round open-toe slip-on sandal style.
- Cushioning insole with smooth lining for arch support and comfort.
- Available in different colors and sizes.
6. NAOT Women’s Kayla Sandals
- Brand – NAOT
- Material – Synthetic upper, vinyl sole
- Weight – 12 oz
- Heel Height – 1.5 Inch
The NAOT Women’s Kayla Sandal is a comfortable low-height wedge sandal for elderly ladies who want to experience higher platform sandals without sacrificing comfort and stability. Its stylish twin suede upper straps provide enough coverage while accentuating your feet’s beauty. Older women seeking arch support will find the shock-absorbing soft wedge anatomic cork with latex footbed comfortable enough for daily activities. An ethylene vinyl acetate sole with a backstrap provides all the traction and stability you require. We consider the NAOT Women’s Kayla sandal a hidden gem in the world of women’s sandals because it offers all the features of more expensive and popular brands. Thus our decision to include it in our list of the best sandals for elderly ladies.
- Comfortable suede upper.
- Backstrap for extra security and stability.
- Flexible and shock-absorbing heel.
- Lightweight design.
- Exceptional arch support.
7. Clarks Women’s Saylie Quartz Sandal
- Brand – Clarks
- Material – Leather upper, EVA/rubber outsole
- Weight – 0.6 oz per sandal
- Heel Height – 1.5 inch
Finally, a flat sandal for elderly ladies with the dress-up appeal of a six-inch heeled dress slipper. The Clarks Women’s Saylie Quartz sandal has several features offering wearers secure comforts like the padded Ortholite footbed and layers of Clarks Cushion Soft padding. The lightweight EVA and rubber outsole assure grip and stability. At the same time, the high-quality leather upper with an adjustable hook and loop closure ankle strap ensures an adjustable fit for every occasion. It has one of the most flexible insoles designed to wrap snugly around your feet, creating a floating effect with each step you make. The Clarks Women’s Saylie Quartz sandal is an undeniable companion for the elderly, providing unparalleled comfort and class at bargain prices, making it one of the best sandals for elderly ladies.
- 100% leather upper material.
- Ortholite molded footbed.
- Smooth fabric lining.
- Clark’s Soft Padding.
- Adjustable buckle straps.
8. Propet Women’s TravelActiv Ss Sandal
- Brand – Propet
- Material – Synthetic mesh upper, traveltec outsole
- Weight – 4.2 oz
- Heel Height – 1.25 inch
The Propet Women’s TravelActiv Ss sandal combines open-toe comfort with fantastic arch support to provide unique walking experiences during daily household chores or while running errands. The lightweight and durable mesh sandal has a flexible synthetic mesh upper and is the perfect travel or beach sandal for elderly ladies with swollen feet. The Propet design team created the best sandals for elderly ladies by choosing an all-fabric material for the Women’s TravelActive sandal construction and ensuring an all-around comfort for your feet’s sensitive areas. The breathable mesh upper construction is highly flexible and provides a broad platform for nestling large swollen feet. A significant benefit of the design is that it reduces pain or pressure, and lessens fatigue for the wearer allowing the individual to indulge in extra activities.
- 100% fabric construction.
- Lightweight synthetic sole.
- Wide width.
- Flexible and breathable fabric mesh upper.
9. Propet Women’s W0089 Pedic Walker Sandal
- Brand – Propet
- Material – Leather upper, rubber outsole
- Weight – 9 oz per sandal
- Heel Height – 1.25 inch
The Propet Women’s W0089 Pedic Walker delivers the best walking experience for elderly ladies in an affordable package. It is engineered to hug your foot while providing all-day support and comfort for the various moving parts. The unique features making the Propet Women’s W0089 Pedic Walker one of the best sandals for elderly ladies include a one hundred percent non-chip grain leather upper and moisture and odor absorbing removable PU footbed famous for its incredible cushioning and arch support. It has a couple of adjustable velcro straps providing a custom fit and ensuring that they look great on your feet. Perhaps the best feature of the Propet Women’s W0089 Pedic Walker is the non-slip PU outsole which provides incredible traction on wet surfaces preventing elderly ladies from slipping and getting hurt. They also have a fantastic grip on dry surfaces and offer a great walking experience on beaches and grass lawns.
- Full grain leather or nubuck upper with open toe design.
- Removable footbed.
- Durable polyurethane outsole.
- Twin hook-and-loop straps ensure a comfortable fit.
There it is, our guide to the best sandals for elderly ladies. We have taken great pains to include all the minute details about each product to help your decision-making process. All the sandals highlighted above were designed to cater to the health and physical demands of elderly ladies without compromising on elegance and style. Growing old does not mean you should be stuck with ugly sandals, and using this guide during your next shopping trip means you are getting the most fashionable and healthy sandals for yourself or your beloved mum or grandmother.