Ah, the great outdoors! The allure of twisty trails stretching far into the mountains, the musty smell of mountain forests, the gentle rustle of leaves blowing in the wind, the cracking of dry sticks underneath your hiking shoes, and the excitement of leaping across stony riverbeds. However, the price for exploration is often aching feet, bunions, blisters, heel pain, or trench foot.
We all know that wearing the right hiking shoes makes all the difference between an enjoyable day on the trail and a miserable hiking experience. Women’s feet are often the worst for wear after a long day of hiking, and the joints and ligaments in the female foot have greater flexibility than the male’s, resulting in frequent sprains and foot injuries during a long hike. Women’s feet also absorb and distribute body impact differently from men’s when walking, thus requiring shoe manufacturers to develop hiking shoes specifically for women.
Women’s hiking shoes are available in different designs and shapes with several safety features for protecting their feet while keeping them warm and comfortable in all weather conditions. Women’s hiking shoes with wide toe box and narrow heels are designed to conform to their unique foot anatomy, providing them with the best outdoor experience by a wide margin.
Our article on the eight best women’s hiking shoes with wide toe box and narrow heels include the unique features of each product and why they make our list of the perfect hiking footwear for you or your partner.
Best women’s hiking shoes with wide toe box and narrow heel
1. Columbia Women’s Crestwood Hiking Shoe
- Brand – Coleman
- Weight – 10.2 oz / 291g per shoe
- Material – Suede leather webbing, rubber sole
You’d expect that a company with more than 80 years of experience making hiking shoes would have one of the best products available on the market, and the Columbia Sportswear Company does not disappoint. The Columbia women’s Crestwood women’s hiking shoes with wide toe box and narrow heel is lightweight all-terrain footwear guaranteed to keep your feet warm, dry, cool, and protected in all weather conditions. Its revolutionary design elements include a suede leather upper with breathable webbing and mesh for extra comfort. The Crestwood women’s hiking shoe midsole features the advanced TECHLITE technology for extra cushioning and protection for the heel arch. Wearing a pair of Crestwood women hiking shoes guarantees a firm foothold on the trail with the Omni-GRIP non-marking traction rubber outsole. The Creston’s women’s hiking shoes were put together by highly skilled craftsmen using traditional shoe-making methods in combination with the most innovative technology. The result is one of the most stylish and best women’s hiking shoes with a wide toe box and narrow heel available.
- Breathable and water-resistant suede leather exterior with webbing and mesh.
- Reinforced heel and outsole toe overwrap design for maximum comfort during extended hikes.
- Long-lasting product with meticulous attention to detail.
- Omni-GRIP all-terrain traction design for solid grip on wet and slippery surfaces, including stony footpaths and muddy riverbanks.
- Easy to clean and washable material.
- Available in various colors, including black, white, blue, and pink.
2. KEEN Women’s Targhee 2 Low Height Waterproof Hiking Shoe
- Brand – Keen
- Weight – 12. 6 oz / 357. 2 g per shoe
- Material – Leather upper, rubber sole
If you love stylish, comfortable, durable, waterproof, and affordable hiking shoes, then the KEEN women’s TARGHEE 2 low-height hiking shoe is for you. It has the all-terrain capability that female hikers can rely on, making it one of the best women’s hiking shoes with a wide toe box and narrow heel in 2022. The KEEN Footwear design team created an eye-pleasing yet rugged hiking shoe by incorporating innovative materials with bold colors in a shape that epitomizes the true outdoor spirit. The TARGHEE 2 low-height hiking shoe has a durable leather upper with a breathable mesh lining, including the KEEN-DRY waterproof membrane allowing your feet to stay warm and dry during wet conditions. You are assured of a solid grip with the lug outsole that aids traction on muddy and slippery surfaces, and there is a permanent EVA footbed for added arch support. KEEN women’s hiking shoes with wide toe box and narrow heel are specifically designed for the female foot form. Thus, the TARGHEE 2 low-height hiking shoe has a lightweight external stability shank to reduce ankle injuries and foot irritation after extended hikes. Overall, the KEEN TARGHEE 2 low height hiking shoe wins overall for excellent mobility and torsion control, maximizing comfort and walking pleasure.
- KEEN-DRY waterproof membrane allows vapor out of the shoe while preventing water from entering.
- An elastic band connecting shoe laces to the heel cup provides a secure, locked-in feeling and ensures a snug fit.
- Women-specific foot design for maximum comfort during extended hiking.
- External stability shank for lightweight support and improved mobility.
- Easy to clean and maintain design.
3. Merrell Women’s Moab 2 Vent Hiking Shoe
- Brand – Merrell
- Weight – 1.81 lbs (size 9.5) pair
- Material – Pigskin leather and mesh upper, Vibram sole
Merrell footwear remains an industry leader in producing high-quality hiking footwear, and the Moab 2 Vent hiking shoe is one of the best women’s hiking shoes with wide toe box and narrow heel in 2022. It is a fantastic budget shoe for day hiking featuring an eye-catching design intended to appeal to the female demographic. With several features designed to provide comfort and support on the hiking trail, the Moab 2 Vent hiking shoe for women offers rugged heavyweight performance in a lightweight package. A vital shoe feature is a durable leather and a breathable mesh upper for warmth and dryness. The slip-resistant Vibram TC5+ rubber sole improves the wearer’s traction on slippery surfaces, and additional features like the Kinetic Fit ADVANCED contoured insole, molded nylon arch shank, and Merrell Air Cushion in the heel provide extra comfort and support for individuals with flat foot or bunions.
- Protective toe cap.
- Conventional lace closure.
- Molded nylon arch shank.
- Lightweight EVA foam midsole provides excellent stability and comfort.
- Vibram TC5+ rubber sole.
- Kinetic Fit ADVANCED removable contoured insole with reinforced heel cushioning.
4. Adidas Outdoor Women’s Terrex Ax3 Hiking Shoe
- Brand – Adidas Outdoor
- Weight – 10.6 oz/ 355 g per shoe
- Material – Mesh and synthetic upper, rubber sole
Adidas is a global name renowned for high-quality footwear, and the Terrex Ax3 is one of the best women’s hiking shoes with wide toe box and narrow heel to emerge from the German company. The Terrex Ax3 is the hiking shoe to beat, with millions of yearly sales to satisfied customers worldwide and a host of innovative features offering a superior advantage over competitors. Finding genuine all-season lightweight hiking shoes can be a bit of a challenge. Still, the Adidas women’s Terrex Ax3 manages to pull off the trick with a mesh and synthetic upper layer material enclosing waterproof and breathable GORE-TEX linings. Molded footbeds and lightweight EVA midsoles provide cushioning for your feet, guaranteeing comfort on the trail. Finally, rugged Continental rubber outsoles provide all-terrain protection and grip on the hiking trail. Adidas Outdoor’s Terrex Ax3 women’s hiking shoes offer unmatched versatility and durability for various purposes. It is available in striking colors, including gray, clear mint, and black.
- 100% synthetic material construction.
- Rugged Continental rubber outsole.
- Lightweight and multifunctional design.
- High-quality brand name guaranteeing long-lasting value.
5. Salomon X Ultra 3 Women’s Hiking Shoes
- Brand – Salomon
- Weight – 380 g
- Material – Mesh PU coated synthetic leather upper, rubber sole.
With the X Ultra 3, Salomon has delivered yet another excellent women hiking shoes with wide toe box and narrow heel with several innovative features and advanced technology designed to change your day hike experience forever. The Salomon X Ultra 3 women’s hiking shoes shines through the most rugged terrain with exceptional all-weather performance. It has an innovative Trail Protection feature preventing dirt and mud from forming around the shoe base and medial sides. At the same time, the anti-debris mesh upper material protects your feet from trail debris. The Salomon X Ultra 3 women’s hiking shoes with wide toe box and narrow heel have an anatomically correct asymmetrical chassis to provide the female feet with maximum stability and cushioning on extreme terrains, providing more grip and control during descents.
- Rubber outsole offering maximum traction.
- Descent Control Technology allows hikers to tackle steep descents with confidence.
- Breathable design and great for maximum comfort.
- All-terrain and all-weather capability.
6. La Sportiva Women’s Stream GTX Hiking Shoe
- Brand – LA Sportiva
- Weight – 12.1 oz/ 344g per shoe
- Material – Abrasion-resistant mesh upper, Vibram sole
If you are willing to spend a bloody fortune on one of the best women’s hiking shoes with wide toe box and narrow heel, then I guess the La Sportiva women’s stream GTX hiking shoe is the best way to do it. The only drawback of this amazing hiking shoe designed specifically for women is perhaps its high price, but do not let that put you off its remarkable qualities. For starters, it has a highly durable abrasion-resistant mesh upper providing 360O breathability for your feet. An ingenious Nano Cell 2.0 technology paired with Gore-Tex Surround aeration channels within the footbed and midsole offers optimum comfort and protection. Wearers enjoy the stability provided by the Vibram XS Trex outsole featuring an Impact Brake System offering superior grip and traction on slippery trails. Women’s hiking shoes have come a long way, and the La Sportiva Women’s Stream GTX hiking shoe proves that the rugged outdoors is very much a woman’s world as it is for men.
- Breathable abrasion-resistant mesh upper material.
- Nano Cell 2.0 technology.
- Gore-Tex Surround Aeration for comfort.
- Vibram XS Trex with Impact Brake System for exceptional grip.
7. Columbia Women’s Fire Venture S li Waterproof Hiking Shoe
- Brand – Columbia
- Weight – 11.8 oz/ 333g per shoe
- Material – Suede upper, rubber heel, toe cap
Columbia footwear returns to our list with the affordable Women’s Fire Venture S li waterproof hiking shoe. The ultra-durable and waterproof product is a testament to Columbia’s legacy for making high-quality women’s hiking shoes with wide toe box and narrow heel, allowing women of all ages to experience exciting hiking adventures. A distinctive feature of the Fire Venture S li hiking shoe is the metal hardware for threading shoelaces providing a secure grip on the wearer’s foot. It has a waterproof suede upper material construction offering lightweight support and protection during wet weather. Its rubber outsoles provide excellent traction on slippery terrain. Key features of the Columbia Women’s Venture S li waterproof hiking shoe are its Omni-Tech waterproof breathable seam-sealed membrane preventing foul foot odors and the integrated Techlite lightweight midsole design providing optimum cushioning and comfort.
- Waterproof suede upper material.
- Omni-Grip non-marking traction rubber with toe cap.
- Metal hardware for threading shoelaces.
- Omni-tech waterproof seam-sealed bootie construction.
8. KEEN Women’s Presidio li Hiking Shoe
- Brand – KEEN
- Weight – 10.7 oz/ 303.3g per shoe
- Material – Nunbuck leather upper, rubber outsole
The KEEN Women’s Presidio li hiking shoe is the epitome of the durable classic leather hiking shoes of yesteryears. It provides a distinctive look and feel that is different from most modern mesh women’s hiking shoes with wide toe box and narrow heel. However, this durable women’s hiking shoe isn’t just about looks. It features a moisture-resistant lining designed to extract sweat and moisture from your feet as efficiently as possible. It also features a water-resistant lining with a thick structured cushioning providing your feet with a comfortable spring with every step you take on the hiking trail. The rubber outsole offers excellent grip and traction on the most treacherous terrains. The KEEN Women’s Presidio li hiking shoe offers exceptional adaptability, encouraging you to take on several lifestyles, meaning you can wear it straight from the hiking trail to the workplace without looking out of place.
- Tanned high-quality leather upper material.
- Conventional leather material provides ultimate versatility.
- No-marking high-traction rubber outsole offers excellent grip.
- Environmentally friendly materials are used in its construction.
- Cushioned collar improves ankle area comfort.
- Removable dual density footbed with arch support.
- Easy to clean.